Education & Care Philosophy
Our early childhood educational programs are designed to cultivate the overall growth and development of children through sound educational experiences. We believe that play is the work of children. We ensure that each child is guaranteed the time, freedom, and tools to accomplish that vital work. Our fundamental belief that children learn best through meaningful play is reflected in our child-centered programs.
Instilling a love of learning is at the heart of our program.
We celebrate each child’s unique interests, abilities, and learning styles. Likewise, we understand that children develop uniquely and pass through stages differently. Our goal is to help your child reach her/his full potential. While our emphasis is on children, we realize that family involvement is extremely important and we encourage it.
Educators at Little Bear and University Preschool Reno NV
- Executive Director: The Executive Director at Little Bear and University Preschool Reno NV holds a BS Degree in Early Childhood Education as well as an AS Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Center Directors: Our Center Directors also hold Associate Degrees in Early Childhood Education.
- Teachers: The teachers have varying levels of education in early childhood development. All teachers are involved with ongoing training in addition to passing an FBI background check and demonstrating compassion for working with children and a passion for teaching.
Education & Care
Nevada Quality Rating & Improvement System
Both Little Bear and University Preschools are participating in Nevada Silver State Stars Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS), which has been developed to assess the level of quality in child care centers in Nevada and help families find high quality childcare that fits their needs and the needs of their children. QRIS standards include quality indicators that expand on licensing requirements in the areas of: program policies and procedures; administration and staff development; health and safety; and family and community partners.
Healthy Way to Grow
We also partner with Healthy Way to Grow. In an effort to reverse the childhood obesity epidemic, the American Heart Association and Nemours have teamed up to create Healthy Way to Grow, a program aimed at creating healthy childcare environments for children. This program provides hands-on assistance, customized training, resources, and tools to support healthier lifestyles of children. Our goal is to create an environment for young children to develop healthy habits for life.
Why it is needed:
- Current national statistics indicate that more than 1 in 4 U.S. preschool age children are overweight or obese.
- Obese children as young as age 3 show signs for developing heart disease later in life.
- 60% of American children spend the majority of their day in childcare, making it an ideal setting for obesity prevention efforts.